Thursday, April 13, 2017

My Summer Projects! Faith Formation for this Fall


Try the first packet FREE, click to download Week 1
I've really been burning the midnight oil as I put together short saint studies (about 4 a month) for elementary students, and it has been so much fun to see these come together!  Each study is just one page, with a short kid-friendly biography, saint image to color, and fun review activity (cro
sswords, word search, word scramble, etc). April's saints are on TpT now (individually and as a bundle) and I've already begun preparation of my first May saint, St. Damien of Molokai. Others for May will be St. Rita, St. Philip Neri, St. Augustine of Canterbury, and St. Joan of Arc.

The other project that has enriched my evening hours so deeply is a set of supplemental lessons for use with the St. Joseph Baltimore Catechism I.  I've used SJBC I in my religion classes for years, and find that my students love the illustrations and review questions at the end of each lesson. My project expands on these activities, adding greater use of the treasury of prayers, devotions, and information available in SJBC I, especially the dictionary and index at the back for helping students understand the theological terms used in the catechism.  Each lesson also includes catechism Q&A sheets requiring students to fill in missing words from each Question/Answer set. The first week's packet is available for free in my TpT Store.  To download this sample, click here. And be sure to FOLLOW my store for updates as the remaining lessons become available online.
Click here to purchase the April Saints Bundle

Please pray for these projects as summer activities ramp up and the school year winds down.  My daughter is really eager to begin work on her set this fall.  I hope you also find them useful!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment