Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mary, Ark of the Covenant, Pray for Us!

What touches me tonight, as I think of the great struggle in our nation to save the unborn and protect our religous freedom from recent attacks, is how we as God's people are now engaged in a great battle -- one of ideals and allegiances. Yet, though many of us ask our Blessed Mother for her intercession, few of us call on her in her capacity as the Ark of the New Covenant (http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/mary-the-ark-of-the-new-covenant ).  Would this not be apprpopriate, since God himself revealed her to us as the Ark in Revelation 12? In the Old Testament, God's people carried the Ark of the Covenant with them into battle and were victorious.  Should we not also trust the Ark of the New Covenant as we battle the culture of death around us?

To her I've offered my rosary for our Nation this evening.  Please join me in prayer and petitions that Our Lady, the Ark of the New Covenant, will intercede for us in this battle, along with St. Micahel and all the Holy Angels and Saints in Heaven. May God be victorious, and may His mercy bring into to full conversion and communion with us all who oppose the sanctity of human life.


ROSARIES TO OUR LADY, ARK OF THE NEW COVENANT, as of 2/3/12:  4
Add your rosaries to the count by commenting below and letting me know how many to add to the count above.  If the list grows too fast, I'll find a way to add a counter : )  I'm so "low tech"....

No comments:

Post a Comment